Apply for the South County Cal-SOAP 2019 High School Scholarship today!
Application deadline is March 4th, 2019.
Award Amount: $500 - $5,000
● Must be a 12th grader who has participated in South County Cal-SOAP
● Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 if attending a 4-year institution, OR
● Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 if attending a community college
● Has been accepted and enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college or university
● Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) on FAFSA or DREAM Act Application must not exceed $10,000
Applicants are required to submit:
• Application and 3 written short answers
• Unofficial Transcript with cumulative GPA
• A screenshot of your WebGrants Account (available at mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov)
• A resume to include your community service and leadership experience
• A copy of your FAFSA or DREAM Act confirmation that includes your EFC and submission date
• Two letters of recommendation (dated within the past 12 months of scholarship deadline) from school staff or non-related community member (letters may not be from Cal-SOAP staff)
Email applications to email@example.com or
Postmark or hand deliver* to:
South County Cal-SOAP
750 West Tenth Street, Building D
Gilroy, California 95020
*Hand-delivered applications must be in the Cal-SOAP main office no later than 4:00pm of deadline date
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
In the event that you are a scholarship recipient, your attendance may be required at the South County Cal-SOAP AlumNight 2019. The best submission for the short answer segment may be required to read their answer for a fundraising night on June 20th, 2019. If selected, you will be contacted by June 1st to arrange details of your presentation.
IMPORTANT: Cal-SOAP will communicate with scholarship applicants via email.
If you change your email or do not check it for a long period, you may miss important deadlines and communication from South County Cal-SOAP.
Notification of awards will be sent through individual emails by the first week in April.