2018 High School Scholarship Application
Application Deadline March 2nd, 2018
Award Amount: $500 - $25,000
- Must be a 12th grader who has participated in South County Cal-SOAP
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 if attending a 4-year institution, OR
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 if attending community college
- Has been accepted and enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college or university
- Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) or FAFSA or DREAM Act Application must not exceed $10,000
- In order to qualify for the $25,000 award, the applicant must have earned a high school diploma from Ann Sobrato, Live Oak, or Central High School and be pursuing a degree at a 4-year institution. (Note: Award will be disbursed in multiple awards, over the course of school year)
Applicants are required to submit:
- Application and 3 written short answers
- Unofficial Transcript with cumulative GPA
- A screenshot of your Web Grants Account (available at mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov)
- A resume to include your community service and leadership experience
- A copy of your FAFSA or DREAM Act confirmation that includes your EFC and submission date
- Two letters of recommendation (dated within the past 12 months of scholarship deadline) from school staff or non-related community member (letters may not be from Cal-SOAP staff)
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or Postmark or hand deliver* to:
South County Cal-SOAP
750 West Tenth Street, Building D
Gilroy, California 95020
* Hand-delivered applications must be in the Cal-SOAP main office no later than 4:00 pm of the deadline date.
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
In the event that you are a scholarship recipient, your attendance may be required at the South County Cal-SOAP AlumNight 2018. The best submission for the short answer segment may be required to read their answer for a fundraising night on June 21st, 2018. If selected, you will be contacted by June 1st to arrange details of your presentation.
IMPORTANT: Cal-SOAP will communicate with scholarship applicants via email.
If you change your email or do not check it for a long period of time, you may be missing important deadlines and communication from South County Cal-SOAP.
Notification of awards will be sent through individual emails by the first week in April.